The proclaimed miracle oil continues to pack a powerful punch, this time in the beauty department. Find out why health and beauty experts are labelling coconut oil as the latest and greatest beauty must-have.
Here are five very good reasons to add coconut oil to your beauty regime..
1) It reduces the appearance of pores, evens skin tone, and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth. Coconut oil contains saturated fats, which when applied to the skin help to maintain moisture and healthy plumpness. It also has a similar molecular structure to sebum (the skin’s natural oil), meaning it is absorbed easily by the skin and helps to maintain the skin’s protective emollient layer.
2) It is contains Lauric Acid which has antibacterial qualities. As a result, when applied on the skin, coconut oil protects from microbial infections that can get into open wounds or even enter the body through the pores. It also has beneficial qualities for dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis sufferers.
3) It has anti-ageing properties. 100 grams of coconut oil has about 0.1 mg of vitamin E. Vitamin E has long been attributed to healthy skin regeneration and the prevention of premature lines and wrinkles.
4) Coconut oil is rich in proteins- aka your skin’s best friend. Damaged skin cells require a healthy flow of proteins to guarantee their replacement at a normal rate. This heightens skin regeneration and minimises scaring.
5) Unlike many other oils, it does not become rancid. This means that when applied, coconut oil can work for a longer time on your skin. In other words you’re investing in a product that has a longer active lifespan than most.
Convinced? For a limited time you can shop Aussie label Kelapa Organics at MYSALE. All natural and certified organic, Kelapa’s products are created using organic coconut oil for moisture and protection, and aloe vera and rosehip oil for heeling and restoration. And the best part? It’s on sale!
Rosehip and Coconut face oil was RM152.00 now RM89.00
Organics night cream was RM136.00 now RM89.00
Organics hand and body lotion was RM92.00 now RM55.00
Organics Shampoo for dry and damaged hair was RM85.00 now RM49.00
Organics intensive conditioning treatment was RM112.00 now RM65.00
With thousands of products online everyday, you never know what you’ll find at MYSALE
Not a member? Sign up here, free